Lisa’s House, Inc is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization created to serve as transitional housing for Kansas City’s homeless women.
- The house opened three years ago on memory of Johnnie’s cousin, Lisa, who faced homelessness and many of the problems that caused homelessness and are a result from it.
- Lisa’s House offer transitional housing to 4-5 women for 6-12 months, while working with them on the steps developed out of a self-defined plan directed toward ending her homelessness including-
- Finding a job or finding resources needed to her find a job
- Sharing information with referring agencies to ensure resident is in compliance with guidelines
- Encouraging the life skills to help ensure their success in finding permanent housing and maintaining a healthy independent life